Wednesday 26 November 2008

Exactly what it says on the tin.

"All known metal bands" the predictably black cover pronounced. I see that Waterstones have kindly provided a handwritten staff review below, you know, to just show that they are not just a faceless corporate chain, oh no, they allow staff opinions to be aired. This opinion really augmented what I felt might be a slightly narrow focus to this publication. In scrawled student-y writing on a small card below it said:

'The names of all known metal bands!!"

The !! seemed a slight attempt at a knowing look in some form of irony.

I opened the book, and indeed, it was simply a list of all the metal bands that 'Dan Nelson' was aware of in 2007.

Each black page inscripted with long lists of names in tiny silver print, making it almost impossible to read.

I want to meet the person who would buy that. Then again, maybe I don't.

1 comment:

mo.stoneskin said...

Hey, what's wrong with scrawl? My childlike scrawl is quite endearing actually.