Tuesday 24 March 2009

Ticket check pondering....

How do ticket staff on trains know which customers are new to the train and so therefore haven't had their tickets checked?

Do they have special contact lenses which make people appear in different colours according to their ticket checking status?

Do they notice some form of subconscious behaviour or body language in those who haven't had the opportunity to flash the orange and yellow striped wonder?

Do they just have a very strong photographic memory?

Or do they just rely on good natured, honest commuters freely getting out their tickets when they call 'aaaannnnyy unchecked tickets please'...

Maybe the last reason is true because the commuters think one of the other reasons is true. Hmmm...

1 comment:

mo.stoneskin said...

The ticket inspectors on my train don't use any of those techniques, or if they do they do not work. I repeatedly show my ticket, and then they want to see it again. I try to defend my reluctance to rummage around to find my ticket AGAIN but they force me to show it.

Maybe I'm just immune to their techniques.