Tuesday 23 September 2008

Comment deleted

Comment deleted
This post has been removed by the author.
23 September 2008 04:57

Comment deleted
This post has been removed by the author.
23 September 2008 04:58

Why? This is frustrating. I want to know what this person said, on 2 rapidly successive occasions that they so instantly found inexplicably unpublishable?

The worst thing is, I don't know who it is! I have my suspicions (I have, to my knowledge only 2 readers, maybe 3), but naming them 'the author' awards them a status of anonymity I don't think they deserve.

As you might be able to tell, I haven't got a lot going on at the moment, but tomorrow I'm spending the day teaching deaf teenagers so I'm sure my life will take a more interesting turn very soon.

3 comments:

E. C. Rhodes said...

I confess. I admit it. I am the undeservingly anonymous author. It was me. I did it. I removed both of those comments. Mea culpa.

It is embarrassing to admit (for a pedant like myself) that on no fewer than two occasions within minutes of each other, I published comments which omitted important words, words whose absence left a mere jumble of meaningless jibber-jabber instead of the witty rejoinder which I had intended.

All unthinkingly, I sought to hide the evidence of my poor syntax by removing the offending comments, only to realise, (alas, too late) that the powers that be in the blogsphere had inserted that hideous message "Comment deleted", thus revealing what had been done.

What can I say in my defence? Perhaps I was temporarily rendered illiterate as a fitting punishment for my pedantry and self conceit. Perhaps I was too hasty (as Treebeard would say) in replying. Anyway, I am sorry. I will do my utmost not to do it again.

mo.stoneskin said...

Phew. I thought that it was my incompetence that had caused it, although I couldn't remember committing such crimes. In some countries it is illegal.

Tim De Marco said...

My assumption was that it was the man with the skin of stone, to him I humbly apologise.

Although I did not publically blame him, in thought I did. I am sorry.

Mr Rhodes, I have come to expect better of you, but you are forgiven - your comment has redeemed you; apologising by saying what could be said in one sentence in 4 characteristically lengthy paragraphs.

Looks like it's catching...